Several new forms will be issued to taxpayers this year, primarily Form 1095-A, B and C. These forms provide the necessary information to report your health insurance coverage, calculate any credit and calculate any penalty that may apply.
Because much of the reporting for 2014 will be voluntary you may not receive any Forms 1095 but in order to complete your tax return you will need the following.
- Health insurer(s) for the year;
- Number of months of coverage;
- Members of your family covered by the above health insurance throughout the year;
- Your county of residence all year;
- Signed health insurance information form for our records.
If you received an advance payment of the Health Care credit by purchasing insurance through the Exchange please be aware that if you received a greater credit than allowed you will be forced to repay the excess with this year’s return.